Exercise physiology is the study of the acute responses and chronic adaptations to a wide range of physical exercise conditions. In addition, many exercise physiologists study the effect of exercise on pathology, and the mechanisms by which exercise can reduce or reverse disease progression.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP’s) treat and manage a broad range of conditions, these include a range of commonly preventable and treatable health conditions. We implement exercise as a treatment strategy to assist clients in:
- Chronic diseases- Type II Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiovascular Disease, Stroke, Arthritis, Cancer and Metabolic Syndromes (Obesity)
- Chronic Respiratory Diseases and Asthma
- Risk factor management- Hypertension, Physical Activity Levels, Dietary Education, Pre-Diabetic and High Cholesterol
- Neurological conditions- Parkinson’s, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, PTSD, Anxiety and Depression.
- Musculoskeletal imbalances- lower back pain, knee pain, hip pain, shoulder pain, etc.
- Falls Prevention and Balance Improvement
- Gait Retraining
- Post surgery rehabilitative exercises
- Difficulty maintaining motivation and adherence to exercise routines
My EP offers one on one Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation sessions or group sessions are available. You can choose from an in-home care session (where we come to you) or visit one of the private clinics.