Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are university qualified, allied health professionals with a diverse range of skills.
The aim of an Accredited Exercise Physiologist is to prevent or manage chronic disease, injury, and assist in restoring an individual to optimal physical function, health or wellness.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist’s specialise in clinical exercise prescription, health education and the delivery of exercise and lifestyle modification programs for people who are healthy or have chronic diseases. (Exercise and Sports Science Australia)
Accredited exercise scientists (AESs) hold an undergraduate degree in the field of exercise and sports science.
They specialise in the design, implementation and evaluation of exercise and physical activity for healthy people. They provide programs for improving general health, the prevention of chronic diseases, health promotion and enhanced sports performance. (Exercise and Sports Science Australia)
My EP is a vibrant and holistic Exercise Physiology/Exercise Science Practice located on the Sunshine Coast and Cooloola Coast. My EP Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) and Accredited Exercise Scientists (AESs) specialise in the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs to:
- Aid in the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries
- Help with sports related strength and conditioning exercises
- Provide a Holistic approach to a healthier lifestyle
- Help clients reach their own health and wellness goals
My EP Exercise Physiologists/Exercise Scientists will:
- Explain how exercise will help your condition/goals and how this will affect your body and quality of life
- Discuss goals and strategies to implement relating to your health and lifestyle
- Complete a physical assessment to determine where to start your exercise program and what exercises would best suit your needs
- Provide you with a prescribed exercise program including pictures and instructions
- Take you through each exercise providing you with the knowledge and confidence to undertake the exercises at home or in the gym, with correct technique
- Provide a written report for your doctor after the initial assessment with details of the exercise plan and updates of your progress throughout your time with My EP