At MyEP, our Accredited Exercise Scientists cover a wide spectrum of sports performance based assessments and performance enhancement exercises. The main goal of MyEP is to safe proof the body from injury, through functional movements that allows the client/athlete to handle their bodyweight in all planes of movement. This type of training helps the client/athlete have greater stability, mobility, flexibility, strength, power and conditioning. Many of the exercises are focused on a strong core and hip musculature, cardiovascular training, single leg training, power lifting and correct exercise and equipment choice for the client/athlete needs. MyEP implements exercise as a treatment strategy to assist:
- Injuries- ACL injury prevention, Rotator cuff support and stability, Pain with exercise, Tendinitis/Tendinosis, Anterior/Posterior Knee pain, lower spine mobility/stability issues, sports Hernia prevention and rehabilitation, Correct Lifting techniques
- Golf, Tennis and Hockey swing- core/hip strength and stabilisers of the shoulder complex
- Athletics, Football, Swimming and Cycling- Endurance, explosive training for speed or acceleration, developing elasticity (Vertical jump, board jump) and interval training
- AFL, netball, basketball- Overhead lifts, single leg strength, coordination skills, endurance, explosive and interval training.
- Rugby Union/Rugby league- impact type exercise, strength and power lifts.
- Casual Runner- Gait analysis, stabilisers of ankles, knees and hips. Plus spinal mobility.
- Weightlifting or Gym- Functional training for all body parts.
Pre workout/Pre Game day- Soft tissue therapy- foam roller, Dynamic stretches- mobility drills and aerobic fitness.
Post workout/Post Game day- Static stretching- shortened muscles. Injury prevention steps.
My EP offers one on one Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation sessions and can also meet at a sports field.