We provide services under the following funding:
- Private health funds
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- WorkCover QLD
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance
- Self Funded
- Many Private health funds offer rebates for services provided by Exercise Physiologists. Find out more from your private health fund, as some policies may offer ‘bonus’ payments or other rebates, dependant on the level, duration of cover and claim limits. No referral needed.
Initial Assessment (45min): $100.00 (GST incl.) Pensioner $80 Couple: $150
Subsequent Visit (+ Program) (45min): $90.00 (GST incl.) Pensioner $70 Couple: $140
Standard Visits (45min): $70.00 (GST incl.) Pensioner $60 Couple: $130
If you have a Pension card, Seniors card, Seniors Business Discount card & Carer Business Discount card- Discounts available.
Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
Any Client with a noted ailment or chronic condition is entitled to these Medicare benefits.
- All CDM referred patients are bulk-billed
- Medicare offers 5 bulk billed visits to an allied health professional, through an Enhanced Primary Care program for those clients with a chronic condition.
- A referral is required from your GP.
- This program is bulk-billed through Medicare with 1 assessment and 8 group sessions.
- Entitled clients are Type II diabetics and are referred by their GP for assessment for group services.
- Each session is 1 hour in duration and consists of a supervised exercise session
- The aims of the program are to assist the client in maintaining healthy Blood Glucose Levels and to reduce the possibility of heart disease, through individually tailored and supervised exercise.
- Although some risks are associated with physical activity for people with Type II Diabetes, the risks of inactivity mostly outweigh them.
- Exercise will help reduce the risk of cardiac events, peripheral neuropathy, hypertension, obesity and Hypoglycaemia.
- All CDM referred patients are bulk-billed
- Need an Enhanced Primary Care Program provided by your GP, allows 5 visits. But client can also get a further 5 visits through a different referral if needed.
- A Maximum of 10 bulk-billed visits with an Allied Health professional
- A 10 week program is available and can be either in a group or one on one.
- MyEP can provide clinically necessary Rehabilitative treatment for DVA entitled clients (Gold card and White card holders with a chronic condition) on referral from a GP. To access these services, you must be referred by your Treating GP or specialist. They can use a special referral form (D904) or a standard referral letter, as long as it states the medical condition you are to be treated for and your DVA member number. For more information please contact My EP or visit the Department of Veterans Affair website- http://www.dva.gov.au
- An early return to work and well being is the main focus of MyEP when managing worker’s injuries. As an Allied Health Provider, it is our duty to identify and address the physical risk factors of a worker for their return to work. (Heads of workers compensation Australia)
- At MyEP we undertake specific workplace rehabilitation services. The services that Exercise Physiologists can undertake are:
- Initial Physical conditioning assessment- treat and manage the clinical care of the injury/illness
- Subsequent Physical conditioning consultations
- Group Exercise sessions
- Group Education sessions
- Make a significant contribution to improving health and return to work outcomes
Before MyEP can provide any medical treatment, the worker must have a current medical certificate or have been referred by a registered medical practitioner. (WorkCover Qld). For more information please contact My EP or visit the WorkCover Queensland website- http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/
CTP insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance provides you with protection from a damages claim in the event of a motor vehicle accident and time off work due to injury.
Under these insurance schemes, rehabilitation aims to return you to how you were before the accident or injury. If this is not possible, rehabilitation focuses on you obtaining new skills or new ways of doing things.
Before visiting an Exercise Physiologist at My EP for rehabilitative services, either a Medical Certificate must be completed by a registered medical practitioner such as a GP or medical specialist or clearance from your insurer.
If any of the above funds are not available to the client. The above Private Health fund Fee will apply. No referral needed.