We provide services under the following funding:
- Private Health Funds
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- NDIS-National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Workcover QLD
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance
- Self Funded
- Prostate Cancer: The Man Plan
- Many Private health funds offer rebates for services provided by Exercise Physiologists. Find out more from your private health fund, as some policies may offer ‘bonus’ payments or other rebates, dependant on the level, duration of cover and claim limits. No referral needed.
Initial Assessment (45min-1hr): $100.00 (GST incl.)
Standard Visits (45min): $80.00 (GST incl.)
Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
Any Client with a noted ailment or chronic condition is entitled to these Medicare benefits.
- CDM referred patients $30 Gap fee
- Medicare offers 5 visits to an allied health professional, through an Enhanced Primary Care program for those clients with a chronic condition.
- A referral is required from your GP.
- This program is through Medicare with 1 assessment ($30 Gap fee) and 8 group sessions ($10 Gap fee).
- Entitled clients are Type II diabetics and are referred by their GP for assessment for group services.
- Each session is 1 hour in duration and consists of a supervised exercise session
- The aims of the program are to assist the client in maintaining healthy Blood Glucose Levels and to reduce the possibility of secondary chronic conditions, through individually tailored and supervised exercise.
- Although some risks are associated with physical activity for people with Type II Diabetes, the risks of inactivity mostly outweigh them.
- Exercise will help reduce the risk of cardiac events, peripheral neuropathy, hypertension, obesity and Hypoglycaemia.
- CDM referred patients $30 Gap fee
- Need an Enhanced Primary Care Program provided by your GP, allows 5 visits. But client can also get a further 5 visits through a different referral if needed.
- A Maximum of 10 visits with an Allied Health professional
- A 10 week program is available and can be either in a group or one on one.
MyEP can provide clinically necessary Rehabilitative treatment for DVA entitled clients (Gold card and White card holders with a chronic condition) on referral from a GP. To access these services, you must be referred by your Treating GP or specialist. They can use a special referral form (D904) or a standard referral letter, as long as it states the medical condition you are to be treated for and your DVA member number. For more information please contact My EP or visit the Department of Veterans Affair website- http://www.dva.gov.au
As registered Exercise Physiologists with the NDIS on the Sunshine Coast, MyEP aims to provide physical well-being services to those with severe and permanent disabilities, where that disability impacts the management of daily wellness and activities. MyEP aims to enable clients to participate more in the community and to achieve their personal goals.
This service can be funded by your NDIS package under the Improved Daily Living Skills Category and the Improved Health and Wellbeing Category (Plan amendments can be made to redirect funds into these categories if not already existing). Individual and group services available.
Disabilities that can benefit from Exercise Physiology services include:
For more information on the NDIS visit the website https://www.ndis.gov.au/
- An early return to work and well being is the main focus of MyEP when managing worker’s injuries. As an Allied Health Provider, it is our duty to identify and address the physical risk factors of a worker for their return to work. (Heads of workers compensation Australia)
- At MyEP we undertake specific workplace rehabilitation services. The services that Exercise Physiologists can undertake are:
- Initial Physical conditioning assessment- treat and manage the clinical care of the injury/illness
- Subsequent Physical conditioning consultations
- Group Exercise sessions
- Group Education sessions
- Make a significant contribution to improving health and return to work outcomes
Before MyEP can provide any medical treatment, the worker must have a current medical certificate or have been referred by a registered medical practitioner. (WorkCover Qld). For more information please contact My EP or visit the WorkCover Queensland website- http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/
CTP insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance provides you with protection from a damages claim in the event of a motor vehicle accident and time off work due to injury.
Under these insurance schemes, rehabilitation aims to return you to how you were before the accident or injury. If this is not possible, rehabilitation focuses on you obtaining new skills or new ways of doing things.
Before visiting an Exercise Physiologist at My EP for rehabilitative services, either a Medical Certificate must be completed by a registered medical practitioner such as a GP or medical specialist or clearance from your insurer.
If any of the above funds are not available to the client. The above Private Health fund Fee will apply. No referral needed.
A dedicated program to help take back control from prostate cancer. Resistance exercise can help you control some of the physical, emotional and metabolic side effects of hormone therapy.
Exercise session (twice weekly) for 10 weeks with a MyEP- Exercise Physiologist in a gym ($5 per session) and support materials.
To be eligible to participate in The Man Plan, you will require medical consent from your doctor as well as already being prescribed Lucrin. Either ask your doctor to enrol or you can call 1800 626 752 to enrol.